Our Mission: Affordability, Diversity, Environmental Responsibility and Resident Involvement.
Founded on Quaker values and open to seniors of all backgrounds and abilities, our mission is to build a community through caring. By connecting residents with other seniors, volunteers and staff, we nurture the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of all individuals.
Enriching the Lives & Health of Seniors in Our Community Through Caring
- To welcome seniors of all backgrounds, incomes, traditions, abilities, ethnicities, lifestyles, identities and needs
- To build our community through a comprehensive continuum of care and by connecting residents to others in the neighborhood
- To provide a safe and healthy home and grounds for seniors – and to care for that home with compassion, volunteerism, meaningful action and creative expression
- To support an environment that allows residents to thrive and create their own initiatives, committees, activities and systems
Our Vision: Reaching More Seniors and Fulfilling More Needs in Sandy Spring, MD, With Our New Expansion
- To allow more seniors from more walks of life to reside in and enrich our community
- To accommodate a wide range of income levels
- To continue smart, efficient and sustainable design and improve our land use while minimizing our impact
- To preserve our spirit of diversity and responsibility by respecting the places we walk and the people – friends, staff, residents and families alike – who walk it
As a nonprofit, Friends House relies on funding and donations to reinvest in its community. If you’d like to support our mission for seniors in the D.C. metro area and beyond, click below to read more about our opportunities for philanthropy and current initiatives.